Cod & Chorizo with Green Salad

This is a healthy and delicious meal with some of my favourite flavours in it - chorizo, lemon and thyme - yum! Serves 2.

Fry 90g of chorizo chunks over a high heat for about 5 mins, then remove from heat and stir in the thyme.

Put 2 skinned cod fillets in a roasting tin and season with salt & pepper.  Sprinkle over a pinch of paprika and the grated zest of 1/4 lemon (you'll need another 1/4 later on).  Drizzle over half a tablespoon of olive oil and scatter about 10 cherry tomatoes and 8 cloves of peeled garlic around the tin.  Place 2/3 of the chorizo over the fish and bake at 200ºC for 8 minutes.  Then add the rest of the chorizo and lemon zest and cook for another 5 minutes.  Check the fish is opaque inside so you know it is cooked properly as some fillets are chunkier than others!  Serve with a green salad, or indeed whatever you fancy!


p.s. What do you think of my photos?  I am slowly improving my photographc skills.....

1 comments:

  1. Sounds delish!
    I've only just discovered this blog, Sarah. I know. I know. What have been doing with myself? But I'm here now, and as I am also on a pre-Summer diet (holidaying with uni friends, one of whom is model-like. Oh the self-inflicted pressure!!!), so I will be taking notes, and cooking your suggestions. I'll let you know how I get on...!

    ReplyDelete