Rice Krispie Chicken

This is a recipe from Lisa Faulkner's book: Recipes from my Mother for my Daughter.  It is basically home-made chicken nuggets, but more exciting and can be done with the help of little people (children, not elves).  Quick and healthy to make, they went down a treat, although my kids were slightly miffed that there was no snap, crackle and pop!

However, the second time I made them a few rogue coco pops had wriggled into the rice krispies so we had a little bit of fusion food.....chicken and chocolate.  Reaction was mixed from 'Hey!  There's a coco pop!' to this face.....


All you need to do is dip strips of chicken in mayonnaise and then into crushed rice krispies and bake at 180ºC for about 20 minutes.  For the exact recipe, please consult Lisa Faulkner's book (which I hope you all have - it is very good).

I was going to post a photo but we ate them all before I remembered......next time!

2 comments: